Probationary Officer Jobs Across India: On October 5, 2012, SBI posted an official job notification for the position of Probationary Officer. Any graduate with a CA licence is eligible to apply for this position. Candidates who only meet the qualifying requirements can apply online at sbi.co.in. The application period will close on October 25, 2021.
Probationary Officers are needed. Eligible Indian citizens are invited to apply for positions as Probationary Officers (POs) in the State Bank of India. Candidates that are chosen may be posted anywhere in India.
Probationary Officers is the name of the position (POs)
- Total number of posts: 2,056
- Required Academic Qualifications (as of December 31, 2021):
i. A bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in any discipline or an equivalent certification recognised by the Central Government.
ii. Those in their final year/semester of study may apply temporarily, subject to the requirement that, if invited for an interview, they present proof of passing the graduation examination on or before December 31, 2021.
iii. Candidates with an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must guarantee that their IDD was completed on or before December 31, 2021.
iv. Candidates with a Chartered Accountant or Cost Accountant qualification may also apply.
The beginning base wage for Junior Management Grade Scale-I is currently 41,960/- (with four advance increments) in the scale of 36000-1490/7-46430-1740/2-49910-1990/7-63840. In addition, the official will be eligible for D.A., H.R.A./Lease rental, C.C.A., Medical, and other allowances and perquisites as determined by the rules in effect at the time.
ADVERTISEMENT NO: CRPD/ PO/ 2021-22/18
Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30 as of April 1, 2021, i.e., they must have been born between April 1, 2000 and April 2, 1991. (both days inclusive).
For general/ EWS/ OBC applicants, the application fee will be 750/-, whereas for SC/ ST/ PWD candidates, the fee would be nil. Once paid, the application fee is non-refundable and cannot be put in reserve for any subsequent examination or selection.
- From October 5, 2021 until October 25, 2021, candidates can register online and edit or modify their applications.
- Application Fee Payment: 05.10.2021 to 25.10.2021
- Preliminary Examination Call Letters can be downloaded starting the first or second week of November 2021.
- November/December 2021: Phase I: Online Preliminary Examination
- Preliminary Examination Result Announcement: December 2021
- Main Examination: From the 2nd/3rd week of December 2021 onwards, download the call letter.
- Online Main Examination (Phase II): December 2021
- Main Examination Result Announcement: January 2022 From the 1st/2nd week of February 2022 forward, you can download the Phase-III Call Letter.
- Phase-III: Interview (or Interview and Group Exercises): February 2nd/ 3rd, 2022
- Final Result Announcement: February/March 2022
- Candidates from the SC/ ST/ Religious Minority Community will receive pre-examination training.
- Pre-Examination Training call letters will be available for download from the first week of November 2021.
13. Pre-examination training will be held in the second week of November 2021.
i. After submitting an application, candidates should print a copy of their system-generated online application form.
ii. Candidates should ensure that they are qualified for the position they are applying for. On the basis of the information provided in the online application, the Bank will accept all candidates applying for the position with the required fee to the test, and will determine their eligibility only during the interview and/or at a later stage.
iii. Once an application has been filed, requests for changes or corrections to any details (including category) in the application form will not be considered under any circumstances. In this case, no correspondence, phone calls, or emails will be accepted. Candidates are encouraged to thoroughly fill out the online application and provide accurate information.
iv. Candidates are urged to apply online well before the deadline and not wait until the last minute to avoid the danger of being disconnected, unable to log on, or failing to log on due to a severe load on the internet or a website jam.
v. SBI assumes no responsibility for candidates who are unable to submit their applications by the deadline due to the aforementioned reasons or any other reason beyond SBI’s control.
vi. A candidate should not submit more than one application. In the event that numerous applications are submitted, only the most recent valid (finished) application will be kept, and the application fee/intimation fees paid for the other registrations will be forfeited. A candidate’s repeated attendance/ appearance in an examination/ interview will result in a summary rejection/ cancellation of his or her candidature.
vii. It is impossible to rule out the potential of any errors in the administration of the examination, which could have an impact on test delivery/result generation. In such circumstances, every effort will be made to remedy the issue, which may include conducting a second examination if necessary.
viii. The Preliminary Exam call letter will not be available at the examination centre. The exam centre staff will, however, check, authenticate, and stamp it. The candidate must keep the call letter (together with an authenticated/stamped copy of ID verification) in a safe place.
ix. Candidates working in government/quasi-government offices, public sector undertakings, including nationalised banks and financial institutions, are advised to bring a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from their employer to the interview, failing which their candidature may be rejected and their travel expenses, if any, will not be reimbursed.
x. If selected, candidates will be required to present a formal dismissal certificate from their previous company while accepting the position.
xi. On the day of the interview, the original documents pertaining to qualifying criteria and evidence of date of birth should be produced for verification. If original certificates are not presented for verification on the day of the interview, the candidate will be denied entry.
If summoned for interview, SC/ ST candidates must produce a caste certificate issued by a competent authority in the format recommended by the Government of India.
xiii. Candidates are urged to keep their e-mail address and mobile phone number active in order to receive notifications.
- There will be a three-tiered screening process for Probationary Officers:
i. Preliminary Examination (Phase I): The preliminary examination will be administered online and will consist of a 100-point Objective Test. The test will be divided into three sections (each with its own set of timings):
- Candidates reporting for Preliminary Examination without a photograph pasted on the call letter and two extra photographs (identical as pasted on call letter) will not be permitted to take the Preliminary Examination.
- Main Examination Selection Criteria: The aggregate marks achieved in the Preliminary Examination will be used to create a category-wise merit list. There will be no cut-off for sections. From the top of the aforementioned merit list, candidates who number 10 times (approximately) the number of vacancies in each category will be shortlisted for the Main Examination.
- Main Examination (Phase II): The Main Examination will be held online and will consist of 200-point Objective Tests and a 50-point Descriptive Test. The Descriptive Test will be given right after the Objective Test, and candidates will be required to type their Descriptive Test answers on the computer.
- Objective Test: The objective test lasts three hours and consists of four sections totaling 200 points. Every sector will have its own timetable.
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test takes 30 minutes to complete. It will be an English Language Test (Letter Writing & Essay) consisting of two questions worth a total of 50 points.
- Phase-III selection criteria: A merit list will be created for each category based on the total marks earned in Phase-II (Main Exam). There will be no cut-off for sections. From the top of the category wise merit list, candidates numbering up to three times (approximately) the number of openings will be shortlisted for Phase-III.
How To Apply
- From October 5, 2021 to October 25, 2021, you can register for an application and pay your fees online.
- Candidates are urged to consult the Bank’s website for details and updates at https://bank.sbi/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers on a regular basis.
- In the event of a change or update, no separate notification will be sent.
- All changes, updates, and corrections will be posted only on the SBI’s website (https://bank.sbi.co.in/careers) or the SBI’s website (https://www.sbi.co.in/careers).
- Candidates can apply online only from October 5th to October 25th, 2021. No other application method will be approved.
- Online Application Pre-requisites: Candidates must have a valid email address and a phone number that will remain active until the results are announced. It will be required in order to get any bank communication/call letters/advices through email/SMS.
- Candidates must register online at https://bank.sbi.co.in/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers on the Bank’s ‘Career’ website.
- Candidates must pay the needed application cost online using a debit card, credit card, or Internet Banking after completing the registration process.
- Registration and Fee Payment [Only Online]:
i. Scan the photo, signature, left-hand thumb impression, and handwritten declaration according to the instructions.
“I_ (Name of the candidate), (Date of Birth) hereby declare that all of the information supplied by me in the application form is correct, true, and valid,” says the handwritten statement. As and when necessary, I will give the supporting documents. My signature, photograph, and thumb impression on the left hand are all mine.”
iii. Left-Hand Thumb Imprint: If a candidate’s left-hand thumb impression is missing, he or she may utilise his or her right-hand thumb impression.
iv. Go to https://bank.sbi.co.in/careers or https://www.sbi.co.in/careers and fill out the Online Application Form under ‘Current Openings.’
v. Carefully complete the application. Candidates should submit their information once the application has been properly filled out.
vi. After double-checking and confirming the accuracy of the information in the application form, the candidate should pay fees via the payment gateway integrated with the application, following the on-screen instructions.
vii. Payment can be done via debit card, credit card, or Internet Banking by entering the required information on the screen. Candidates will be responsible for any transaction fees associated with online payments.
viii. An e-receipt and application form will be issued upon successful completion of the transaction, which can be printed for records.
ix. If the online transaction is not completed properly, please re-register and pay online.
x. There is also the option to reprint the e-Receipt and Application form with fee information at a later time.
Please do not send the application form printout to the Bank.