IOCL announced a job notification for the post of Technician Apprentice on 12.08.2021. technician Apprentice Jobs in Across India: On 12.08.2021, IOCL announced an employment notification for the post of Technician Apprentice. Obtaining a diploma You are eligible to apply for this position. Candidates that only meet the qualifying requirements can apply online at iocl.com. The application period will close on August 28, 2021.
Candidates who meet the following qualifications and other criteria are invited to apply for apprenticeships in the following trades/disciplines under the Apprentices Act, 1961/1973/ 1992 (as amended from time to time):
i. IOCL-Southern Region (MI) Notification for Trade/Technician Apprentices under the Apprentices Act, 1961)
a. Post Name: Technician Apprentice
b. No of Posts: 50
i. Tamil Nadu & Puducherry – 15
ii. Karnataka – 10
iii. Kerala – 08
iv. Andhra Pradesh – 09
v. Telangana – 08
d. Stipend: Rate of stipend payable to apprentices per month shall be as prescribed under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973/Apprentices Rules 1992 and as amended from time to time.
e. Prescribed Qualification/ Eligibility Criteria:
- Trade Apprentice (Fitter)-Matric with 2(Two) year ITI (Fitter) course for Discipline Code-01/06/11/16/21.
- Trade Apprentice (Electrician) -Matric with 2(Two) year IT1 (Electrician) course for Discipline Code 02/07/12/17/22.
- Trade Apprentice (Electronic Mechanic) -Matric with 2 (Two) year IT1 (Electronic Mechanic) training for Discipline Code 03/08/13/18/23.
- Trade Apprentice (Instrument Mechanic) – Matric with 2 (Two) year ITI (Instrument Mechanic) programme – 04/09/14/19/24 –
- Trade Apprentice (Machinist) – Matric with 2(two) year ITI (Machinist) programme – Discipline Code 05/10/15/20/25
- 2/38/44/50 for DiscipUne Code -Technician Apprentice (Mechanical) -3 years Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a recognised Institute/University with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General and OBC candidates, and 45 percent for SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved posts.
- For the Code of Discipline – 27/33/39/45/51 – Technician Apprentice (Electrical) -3 year Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a recognised Institute/University with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General and OBC candidates, and 45 percent for SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved posts.
- For the following Discipline Codes: 28/34/40/46/52 – Technician Apprentice (Instrumentation) -3 years Diploma in Instrumentation Engineering from a recognised Institute/University with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General and OBC candidates, and 45 percent for SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved posts.
- Technician Apprentice (Civil) – 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General and OBC candidates, and 45 percent for SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved posts from a recognised Institute/University for Discipline Code – 29/35/41/47/53.
- For Discipline Code – 30/36/42/48/54 – Technician Apprentice (Electrical & Electronics), a yeare Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering from a recognised Institute/University with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General and OBC candidates for reserved positions, and 45 percent for SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved positions.
- For Discipline Code – 31/37/43/49/55 – Technician Apprentice (Electronics) -3 years Diploma in Electronics Engineering from a recognised Institute/University with minimum 50 percent aggregate for General and OBC candidates for reserved positions, and 45 percent for SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved positions.
- Graduate in any field with a minimum of 50% in aggregate for General and OBC applicants, and 45 percent in case of SC/ST/PwBD candidates for reserved posts from a recognised Institute/University for Discipline Code 56/57/58/59/60 – Trade Apprentice (Accountant).
- Trade Apprentice-Data Entry Operator (Fresher) – Minimum 12th Pass for Discipline Code 61/63/65/67/69 (but below Graduate).
- Apprentice-Data Entry Operator (Skilled Certificate Holders) – Minimum 12th Pass for Discipline Code 62/64/66/68/70 (but below Graduate). Additionally, candidates must have a ‘Domestic Data Entry Operator’ Skill Certificate given by an awarding organisation recognised under the National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognised by the government for training of less than one year.
- Trade Apprentice-Retail Sales Associate (Fresher) – Minimum 1 2nd Pass for Discipline Code 71/73/75/77/79 (but below Graduate).
- Apprentice-Retail Sales Associate (Skilled Certificate Holders) – Minimum 12th Pass for Discipline Code 72/74/76/78/80 (but below Graduate). Additionally, candidates must have a Skill Certificate of ‘Retail Trainee Associate’ given by an awarding body recognised under the National Skill Qualifications Framework or any other authority recognised by the government for training of less than one year.
- For all discipline codes, the qualification provided must be a full-time regular course in relevant disciplines from a recognised university/institute. The candidate will be ineligible if they obtained their qualification through part-time, correspondence, or distance learning.
- Diploma under a recognised lateral entry programme (Class XII/ITI) accepted in the second year of the Diploma course
- Candidates who have previously completed an apprenticeship or are currently seeking an apprenticeship in an industry as defined by the Apprenticeship Act, 1961/1973/1992, as modified from time to time, or who have worked for a year or more are not eligible.
- Applicants who have completed three years after obtaining the prescribed qualification for engagement as a TECHNICIAN APPRENTICE, i.e., a Diploma in Engineering in a Relevant Discipline, ARE NOT ELIGIBLE FOR ENGINEERING APPRENTICESHIP.
f. Apprenticeship Period (in Months): 12 – 15 Months
g. Phase-I IOCL/MKTG/SR/APPR/2021-22 IOCL/MKTG/SR/APPR/2021-22 IOCL/MKTG/SR/APPR/2021-22 IOCL/MK
Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 30.06.202
Candidates who pass the Written Test will be contacted to verify their original documents. At the time of verification, the following original documents, as well as a self-attested copy, should be provided:
a) The concerned Education Board’s Xth std/SSLC/Matriculation certificate/mark sheet as proof of Date of Birth. No other document will be recognised as proof of the date of birth.
b) The most recent caste certificate given by the Competent Authority to reserved category applicants in the Performa defined by the Government. The candidate must present a current Caste Certificate (not older than 6 months) in the Proforma to claim the OBC bonus.
c) mandated by the Government of India, stating, among other things, that the candidate does not belong to the persons/sections (creamy layer) listed in column 3 of the schedule to the Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India 0M NO.36012/22/93- Estt.(SCT) dated 08.09.1993. Candidates who fall under the OBC category but are in the creamy layer are not eligible for OBC reselection.
i. As a result, such applicants may apply for the posts if they meet the age requirements for UR candidates and specify “UR” as their category. Because Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (Southern Region) is a Central Public Sector Undertaking, only those communities included on the Central Government’s authorised common list of OBCs would be treated as OBCs for the purposes of Relaxation
d) A certificate from the Institute stating that the Candidate completed the course in the usual mode and the year in which they passed.
e) ITI (NC VT) / HSC / Graduation/Diploma in Engineering semester / year mark sheets
f) Final NCVT ITI Certificate/HSC/Graduation/Diploma in Engineering awarded by the appropriate Board/Authority.
1 Proof of Date of Birth – Xth grade certificate, SSLC certificate, Matriculation certificate, or mark sheet with the Date of Birth. Certificate of graduation from high school
2 Certificate of completion of the required educational programme
3 If appropriate, an attested copy of the Caste certificate issued by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format.
4 Signatures written in black ink
5 recent passport-size colour photographs
- Applicants must apply for just one discipline code. Candidates who apply for more than one discipline Code will be disqualified and their applications will be rejected in their entirety.
- If a CGPA/OGPA or Letter Grade is given in an ITI/Degree/Diploma in Engineering Examination, the equivalent aggregate percentage of marks must be provided in the On-line Application Form as per the requirements.
- The applicant’s candidacy would be provisional, contingent on the verification of credentials and testimonies.
- If it is discovered at any point during the engagement process or later that a candidate does not meet the eligibility requirements and/or has provided any incorrect/doctored/false information/certificate/documents or has omitted any material fact(s), his/her canceled.
- If any of these flaws are discovered after the engagement, his or her employment may be terminated.
- Selected candidates’ employment is contingent on them being declared medically fit as per the Corporation’s requirements. All such engagements shall be governed by the Corporation’s rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- In all aspects relating to eligibility, acceptance or rejection of applications, mode of selection, cancellation of the selection process in part or in full, etc., the Management’s decision will be final and binding on all candidates.
- In this case, no correspondence will be accepted.
- Seats are filled at the discretion of management based on candidate fitness, and no claim for engagement will be made if some of these seats are not filled owing to unsuitability/insufficient number of candidates.
- Applications/Registrations that are incomplete or received in any other mode/form, or that do not meet the eligibility criteria, or that are received after the deadline for on-line applications are not deemed “Eligible” and will be classified as “Rejected.” Any form of canvassing will disqualify the candidate.
- The Applicants’ right to engage is not conferred upon them by mere selection in a written test or empanelment following the selection process.
- Upon completion of the Apprenticeship time, the Corporation is under no duty to provide such apprentices work, nor can an Apprentice claim entitlement to employment based on completion of the Apprenticeship period.
Selection Procedure :
- Candidates will be chosen based on their performance in the Wrinen Test and their ability to meet the announced eligibility conditions.
- The Written Exam will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) with four possibilities and only one right answer.
- Candidates must pass each level of the selection process, including the written exam. For being adjudicated suitable for engagement, candidates must pass a written test (minimum 40% relaxable by 5% for candidates from SC/ST/PwBD categories versus reserved seats) and a pre-engagement medical fitness test.
- Candidates should make sure they are medically healthy according to Indian Oil’s pre-engagement medical criteria. Before beginning the application process, candidates should read the “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-engagement Medical Examination.” The guidelines can be found at this address: https://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Careers.aspx
How to Apply :
- Candidates who fulfil the required eligibility criteria may apply online through the link provided on our corporate website www.iocl.com from August 13th, 2021 (10 a.m.) to August 28th, 2021 (5 p.m.). Southern Region (Marketing Division)- FY 2021-22- Phase-1 (Careers-> Latest Job Opening-> Engagement of Trade Apprentices). ApDlications will only be accepted in the online form.
- After completing the online application, a scanned copy of the most recent colour photograph, as well as a scanned copy of the following documents must be uploaded without fail: proof of date of birth (XthStd certificate/mark sheet), prescribed educational qualification, caste certificate if applicable, and signature.
- The application will be summarily denied if any single document is missing. Eligible candidates will receive an e-mail/SMS notification with instructions on how to download their admit card for the Written Test.
- Applications that are incomplete, do not include self-attested copies of certificates, or do not comply with the terms and conditions will be rejected.